Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Family First


So, I am sitting in a Teacher’s Rest Room along with two local teachers. At times like this I remember the Sesame street song, “which one of these is not like the other? Which one of these is not like the rest?” Heleina was supposed to meet with the principal of her school today but she is out all day and so one of the English teachers is giving her a tour and explaining duties. I am here because Coral and Kent picked us up this morning, took us to breakfast across the street from the school, and quickly ushered us onto the school grounds. As a result, my carefully laid plans to read and write at Starbucks have been undone. As soon as we entered the grounds a riptide of Asian hospitality pulled Coral and I further and further into the building. Coral, who has a cell phone, got a call from work and had to leave right away. I volunteered to accompany her but she thought it best if I wait for Heleina. Family first.

No comments:

Post a Comment